Health Care Aide
Company operating name – Summerland Seniors Village
Business address – 12803 Atkinson Road, Summerland, BC, V0H 1Z4
Title of the position – Health Care Aide
• Follows established care plans.
• Provides personal care for our residents from admission or transfer including; bathing, grooming, dressing, assists with meals, oral hygiene and performing other care duties as applicable.
• Responds to call bells/alarms.
• Observes and monitors residents progress, symptoms and behavioral changes and reports significant observations.
• Utilizes proper safety protocols when operating mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs, and stretchers to transport residents.
• Aids with lifting and/or transferring of residents by following established lifting/safety techniques.
• Provides residents with nutritional assistance (e.g. meals, nourishment and tray service, assists residents to eat as needed). Assists residents to and from dining areas in accordance with meal service schedules. Reports any appetite/fluid/food intake changes or concerns immediately to the nurse.
• Encourages resident participation in food service and clean up.
• Performs laundry of resident’s personal clothing as required.
• Involves the resident in organizing and maintaining their home environment, ensuring it is done according to the residents’ wishes and needs.
• Attends and participates in community and education programs.
• Required to work positively and collaboratively with all team members and supervisors.
• Performs other related duties as required.
terms of employment – two year permanent position- 30-37.50 hours per week
• language of work - English
• wage: $22.96, 1950 hrs: $23.47, 3900 hrs: $24.00 (wage range $22.96 - $24.00)
• benefits package offered (if applicable) – Sunlife benefits Class 61X1:
MSP 100% employer paid
Extended health 50/50 split between employee and employer
Dental 100% employer paid
Life 100% employer paid
AD&D 100% employer paid
LTD 100% employee paid
RRSP 2% employee and 1% employer matched
• location(s) of work – Summerland, BC
• contact information- firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Skills:
• Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program.
• An active registration with the British Columbia Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
• Food Safe Level 1 Certificate an asset.
• Medication Administration Certification an asset.
• Previous experience in a long term care facility an asset.
• Demonstrates ability to provide compassionate and empathetic care.
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
• All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
• Ability to push, pull, stoop, crouch, lift and carry up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work with cleaners, detergents and other cleaning equipment.
|Target Prov.: All Provinces|
Target City : All Cities
Last Update : Jan 30, 2023 1:07 PM
Number of Views: 130
|Item Owner : Summerland Seniors Village|
Contact Email: (None)
Contact Phone: (None)
|Friendly reminder: Click here to read some tips.|