Fiber Closure Manufacturers Share How To Avoid Water In Joint Boxes
Today, Fiber Closure manufacturers are sharing the specific hazard analysis of the connector box's water intake to the cable:
1. The water entering the cable joint box reacts electrochemically with the metal components inside it to generate hydroxide ions. Due to the absorption of light by the hydroxide ions, the propagation loss of the fiber increases, and a small amount of hydrogen is generated. At the point where the fiber coating is damaged or microcracked, the mesh structure of the silica (core) easily traps hydrogen and generates hydrogen loss.
2. The optical fiber remaining in the socket of the connector box is subjected to bending stress for a long time. When moisture or water enters the joint box, it will be further strengthened, and the aging process of the fiber coating layer may cause deterioration of the optical fiber transmission characteristics, shorten the service life of the optical fiber, and even cause fiber breakage.
3. In the winter, after the water entering the joint box is frozen, the fiber in the box will be squeezed, resulting in increased loss and causing fiber breakage. The joint box of the overhead cable is particularly serious after entering the water.
4. The water in the joint box causes oxidative corrosion of various metals and components inside the joint, thereby reducing the mechanical strength of various metal members in the joint box.
5. Due to the structural design of the cable itself, the water entering the access will longitudinally seep through the cable at both ends of the connector box along the gap of the internal structure of the cable. This will seriously threaten the life of the entire cable.
information about Fiber Closure : https://www.greentelftth.com/product/fiber-optical-splice-closure/dome-fiber-optical-splice-closure/
|Related Link: Click here to visit item owner's website (0 hit)|
|Target Prov.: Manitoba|
Target City : Yuyao
Last Update : Jun 13, 2019
Number of Views: 51
|Item Owner : greentelftthgane|
Contact Phone: (None)
|Friendly reminder: Click here to read some tips.|